Visit NFL from the sidelines on the new Observer-Reporter site: http://www.observer-reporter.com/section/BLOGS08

Friday, February 03, 2006

A who's who

While waiting for a friend on radio row Thursday evening, I couldn't help but notice it was a virtual who's who of pro football.

Lynn Swann came back and was sitting at one station's setup waiting to be interviewed when Rod Woodson walked by. Swann and Woodson met and talked briefly and while that was happening, Joe Greene went walking by.

Then, across the aisle, I noticed that Troy Aikman was sitting at a table being interviewed.

That's an all-star lineup.

I went to a place called The Firehouse across from the Cobo Center downtown Thursday night.

I couldn't figure out why nobody I asked knew where it was until I got there. It's a temporary bar and grill owned by Daimler-Chrysler that was set up for the annual car show and then the Super Bowl.

As the name would suggest, the bar was in an old firehouse.

Better yet, the place used no money. All food and drinks were on Chrysler (I guess they owe it to me for that Dodge Omni I drove in college), though I did leave a nice tip that went to the Detroit Fireman's Fund.

Just two more days to the game now and the town is starting to heat up.

1 comment:

Dale Lolley said...

Yeah, Rod's retired. He just didn't make a big deal of his retirement.