Visit NFL from the sidelines on the new Observer-Reporter site: http://www.observer-reporter.com/section/BLOGS08

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Day 4/5

Sorry no practice report Wednesday night. By the time I had written everything for the paper and covered two practices, at 9 a.m. and then until 9 p.m., I was a little whipped. I can only imagine how tired the players were. Though I did play basketball in the mid-afternoon, so I had some clue.

The goal-line drill Wednesday night was good stuff. The hit James Farrior put on Verron Haynes to force a fumble on fourth down was brutal. We don't often get to see that kind of hitting among the teammates.

Another couple of rookies are starting to stand out, those being undrafted cornerback Anthony Madison and third-round wide receiver Willie Reid.

Madison looks good in coverage and is scrappy. Reid has ridiculous speed and is easily the best punt return guy on the team.

No comments: