Visit NFL from the sidelines on the new Observer-Reporter site: http://www.observer-reporter.com/section/BLOGS08

Friday, February 23, 2007

Mozes combine diary

Former Washington High School football player Dan Mozes is at the NFL Draft Combine this week in Indianapolis.
As part of his daily routine, the All-America center from West Virginia has agreed to write a daily diary of his activities for the Observer-Reporter.
Here’s what Mozes did in his first full day in Indianapolis:

“Today was a long day. I actually got into town (Wednesday) around 11:30 a.m. I hit the hotel room and then we went straight to the hospital from 12:30 to 6:30 p.m. for X-rays, blood tests, eye tests and MRIs. Everything was really hurry up and wait.
“The MRI was the worst experience because those things were made for normal-sized human beings, not 300-pound offensive linemen. I was getting a shoulder looked at and I had to put my other arm up behind me and my face was about two inches from the wall of the machine. If you’re claustrophobic, that’s not the place to be.
“We came back at 6:30 and had dinner and then from 7:30 to 11:30 we went and interviewed with position coaches. They were really quick interviews, like they were just getting to know us a little bit.
“At 11:30, I got done, went back to the hotel room, had a protein bar and then it was off to bed.
“We got up at 5:30 a.m. and they took us straight out for a drug test and then we had breakfast. Then, it was back to the RCA Dome to meet with team doctors and trainers. That was a good four hours of prodding and poking. They pulled on your arms and legs. I had to go back to the hospital for another MRI on my other shoulder, but that was done between 11 and 12.
“We came back to the hotel for lunch and then it was time for more interviews. I met with a bunch of teams. I probably met with more teams than I didn’t.
“Tomorrow will be another busy day. We have the Wunderlic Test and the bench press scheduled and then we’ll start meeting with the head coaches.
“The first meetings were kind of like speed dating. We were in a ball room and you just kind of went from table to table, talking to coaches for a few minutes. These interviews (Friday) will be from 15 to 30 minutes and it will really give teams a chance to pick our brains.”

No comments: